Fun New Year’s Day Activities
You may think that New Year’s Day is a day of rest because there is nothing to do, but if you know where to look, you can find some great activities.
Just because you are indoors does not mean you are out of options. There is plenty to do to have fun.
- Board Games – As you nurse your hangover from the night before, a board game may be the perfect way to pass the time while spending some quality time with your family.
- Movie Marathon – What is better than a movie marathon? It is especially entertaining when the whole family loves the series. The best part about a movie marathon is that it does not have to be a series. Everyone in the family can pick a movie. Order some pizza to make it a perfect movie marathon day. (Recommended movies: Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Marvel movies, PIXAR.)
- Cooking – Cook a family meal with your family on the first day of the new year.
- Hiking – While many businesses are closed on the first day of the year, many National parks are still open and ready for hikers–nature does not stop for silly human affairs. Find a trail that is right for your family and get climbing. (Just remember to pack plenty of water and snacks for the trek.)
- Ice Skating – Depending on where you live, the local neighborhood pond may freeze and provide you and your family the perfect surface on which to skate. Before you hit the ice, make sure that your city has the green flag waving–indicating that it is frozen enough to sustain an adult.
For help finding the right health insurance policy, contact Remland Insurance in the City of Orange. We will work with you to find the right policy that will meet the needs of your family, at the right grace period and price.