Make Memorial Day Special with This Delicious Recipe
Fresh and tasty recipe for your Memorial Day party.
Whether you are hosting a barbecue, potluck, or another type of get-together this Memorial Day weekend, it’s important that you serve your guests some delicious food. Need a fresh dish to complement your warm-weather menu? Then try preparing this fresh and tasty recipe for your Memorial Day party.
Fresh Shrimp Pico de Gallo
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- 1 lb. large shrimp, tails removed
- Kosher salt
- 1 ½ lb. tomatoes, seeded and finely diced (about 3 cups)
- ½ cup finely chopped white onion
- ½ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1 avocado, finely diced
- 2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- tortilla chips, for serving
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high. Season shrimp with salt and add to skillet along with garlic and chili powder. Cook, tossing occasionally until shrimp are pink and just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to a cutting board to cool.
- Roughly chop shrimp into small pieces and scrape into a medium bowl. Add tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeños, lime juice, and avocado, and season with salt.
- Mix until combined and serve with tortilla chips.
This Shrimp Pico de Gallo is the perfect fresh and tasty recipe for your Memorial Day party. Are you looking for assistance with your insurance this holiday weekend? If so, then contact the experts at Remland Insurance in Orange, California to get the coverage that you need today.