Connecting to Family by Unplugging Pesky Digital Devices
Put down the devices and connect with your loved ones.
In today’s digital world, we are hooked on smartphones, laptops, TVs, and other digital devices. We rely on them for entertainment, communication, and even work. The benefits are endless, but our prolonged use of these devices is universally raising questions.
From safety concerns to growing mounds of frustration, our devices have quietly managed to disengage us from our friends and family. If you are someone who has realized this severe drawback of using phones and want to work your way backward, here are some tips to help you connect more with family.
How Do I Reconnect with My Family?
- One way to start connecting by unplugging is to utilize quality time with family during meals. Just leave your phone aside for the next few minutes and have a nice conversation at dinner.
- Avoid texting or calling unless it is urgent.
- Plan movie nights or game nights away from your phones.
How Do I Reconnect with a Loved One?
- Within your personal space, such as your bedroom or living room, keep your phone usage minimal.
- Use your time to create memories you and your partner love, such as watching a show you both like or just simply talking.
It’s easier than you think to allow a device to become an inherent part of your routine. While it is required to some extent, don’t let it turn into a distraction. It can have the worst possible implications on your life, keeping you from any attempt to connect with family.
Are you looking for guidance regarding insurance to keep you and your family secure? Contact us at Remland Insurance for all your insurance questions and needs.