Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with This Green Recipe
Whip up this green recipe to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
With St. Patrick’s Day coming up, you may be thinking about fun ways to celebrate with your family. If you are planning to don your best green clothes in honor of the holiday, why don’t you kick things up a notch? Try serving up this fun green recipe to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
Mint Shortbread Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons mint extract
- green food coloring
- chocolate, for garnish
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and white sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then stir in the mint extract.
- Combine the flour and salt; stir into the sugar mixture.
- Add several of drops of food coloring until the desired shade of green, mixing well.
- Roll into a log, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Slice the dough log into ¼-inch slices and place on cookie sheets. Bake for 9 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly golden at the edges.
- Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
- Drizzle with melted white and/or dark chocolate if desired.
Whip up this delicious green recipe to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day. Are you looking for assistance with your insurance this March? If so, then contact the experts at Remland Insurance in Orange, California. We are ready to assist you with all your coverage needs today.