Your Car Has Been Stolen – Now What?
Your car has been stolen – now what? Before allowing yourself to become enveloped in panic, it is important that you stop and take the necessary steps to make everything right again. We have gathered these helpful guidelines for dealing with a stolen car so that you can handle this stressful situation with poise:
- First things first, as obvious as this may seem, you need to confirm that your car is actually gone. There is a possibility that you parked in a different row or that your car was towed, so make sure that you are confident that your car is gone before calling the police.
- Once you are sure that your car is nowhere to be found, it is time to call the police. The sooner you call the chances of finding your car increase.
- If your car is equipped with OnStar or LoJack, it is time to call them and determine if they can track your car. They may be able to give the police insight into where your car is headed.
- Next, call your insurance company. Your auto insurance agent will want to be in the know regarding this situation so that they can give you a claims check as necessary. They may also be able to offer some advice in handling this daunting claims process.
- Most importantly, allow this to be a lesson. Whether your car was victim to theft because you left tempting new purchases visible in the backseat or because you parked in a dangerous neighborhood, allow this to make you more proactive about your car’s security.
Contact Remland Insurance in the City of Orange for all of your California car insurance needs. If your car has been stolen, please do not hesitate to give us a call. We want to help you through this overwhelming situation to ensure that you get the compensation you deserve.