Adjusting Your Workstation for Optimal Comfort
Use these tips to help you stay comfortable at work.
Are you comfortable at work? While there may not be a way to completely avoid sitting at your desk all day, there are some changes that you can make to help you be much more comfortable for 40 hours a week. Keep these tips in mind to help you enjoy more workplace comfort.
Adjust your workstation
- Your keyboard should sit at elbow height with your mouse right next to your keyboard. Consider moving the mouse to the opposite side throughout the day to ensure you are using both of your hands.
- Learn keyboard shortcuts so that you can cut back on the amount you use your mouse throughout the day. It may not seem like a time-saver, but those seconds add up throughout the year!
- Arrange your workstation so that the items you use most frequently are easily accessible to avoid any excessive reaching.
- Position your monitor so it is in line with your keyboard and so the top of your monitor is near your eye level. Your monitor should be an arm’s reach away.
Adjust your chair
- You should be able to adjust the height of your chair, as well as the seat pan, and backrest.
- Ensure your chair is able to freely roll on the floor.
- The back of your chair should be positioned so it fits the curvature of your spine and supports your back. Adjust the seat pan of your chair if necessary.
- Adjust the height of your chair so that your thighs are parallel to the floor and your feet are able to rest flat on the floor.
Not only can making the right adjustments to your workstation and chair help you feel better at work, but it will also help you feel better every day. For all of your health insurance needs to keep you feeling at your best, contact Remland Insurance in the City of Orange, California.