What You Need to Know About RV Insurance
If you’re a traveler of the road and use a recreational vehicle to traverse the land, RV insurance is something you need to know about.
Recreational vehicles (RVs) include a wide range of motorhomes that range from camper vans to bus conversions. Every RV can be classified into three distinct classes that are dependent on the size of your vehicle, how often it is used, and if you live in it. When it comes to your recreational vehicle acquiring the right insurance, it is important to know what you are being covered for. Learn about RV insurance to give you a better idea where your vehicle falls in the eyes of insurance companies.
What does RV insurance cover? RV insurance covers many of the similar risks that auto insurance does, including collision, comprehensive, and liability coverage. RVs are physically different than cars, so they offer a multitude of coverage for RV-related risks:
- Campsite and vacation coverage
- Towing and roadside coverage
- Emergency expenses
- Total loss replacement coverage
- Full-timer coverage if your RV is your full-time residence
- Uninsured and underinsured motorists coverage
What do the classes mean? Depending on the size and use of your RV your RV will be placed into one of three classes: A, B, or C.
- A: The largest of RVs are placed here. They range from a converted bus to motor coach.
- B: The smallest of RVs. They typically don’t have a cab-over, and include cargo van type designs, travel trailers, and camping vans.
- C: This includes vehicles like standard cargo vans as the driving portion of the RV extends over the cab area.
What does it cost? Class A is usually the most expensive type of RV to insure, followed by class C, and, finally, class B is typically the least expensive.
Our staff at Remland Insurance is very experienced in all matters RV insurance and would be happy to answer any further questions you may have regarding this issue. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to quote your California insurance coverage in 2016! Contact us today!