Tuesday Trivia with Remland Insurance
Remland Insurance is located in a small historical area of Orange County called “Old Towne Orange.” It’s a charming little place with lots of hundred year old homes, restaurants and shops. Old Towne Orange is known as the Antique Capital of the West Coast and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1997 as the largest National Register District in California. California also has hundreds of other wonderfully charming places to visit and facts to withhold.
Please allow us to present to you some fun California Facts for our 1st edition of Tuesday Trivia that you can pass along or share at your next dinner party:
- More Turkey’s are raised in California than any other state in the United States
- Fallbrook, California is the “Avocado Capital of the World” and hosts a yearly Avocado Festival to celebrate!
- Sacramento boasts the largest State Railroad Museum in North America!
- San Bernardino County is the largest county in the country, totaling nearly 3 million acres!
- The Country Store in Baker, CA has sold more winning California State Lottery tickets than any shop in the state! (Road Trip?)
- The Hollywood Bowl is considered the World’s Largest outdoor amphitheatre
- The very first Movie Theatre in the world opened in Los Angeles in 1902
- San Francisco Bay is considered the world’s largest landlocked harbor
- Yorba Linda (just up the street from our office) is home to Richard Nixon Library and also the site where Nixon grew up
- California has the largest economy in the states of the union
- California grows more than 300,000 tons of grapes each year and produces 17 million gallons of wine annually
- Californiaholds two of the top ten most populous cities in the US: San Diego and Los Angeles
We hope you enjoyed these fun California facts! Stay tuned for our weekly “Tuesday Trivia” here at Remland Insurance Services!