Top 10 Funny and Useful Thanksgiving Tips
To avoid any major disaster this Thanksgiving…we wanted to share with you some helpful yet funny tips to avoid disasters this Thursday!
Funny Thanksgiving Tips
- NEVER fry your Thanksgiving Turkey indoors…NEVER EVER! Even if it’s snowing/hailing/raining or windy outside, do not consider indoors as an option! At times Turley fryers have been known to overflow and spill oil everywhere or catch fire completely!
- If baking Turkey (like 85% of Americans) cover with foil to avoid drying out and excess browning.
- Make sure all your smoke alarms are working, especially in the kitchen area of your home, and while you’re at it, make sure your California Home Insurance is up to date!
- Wear appropriate clothes to cook in…loose and baggy clothing have a better chance of catching on a heavy pot or even lighting on fire near your stove!
- Be sure to turn off ALL heat sources as soon as the meal is served. Leaving an oven or stovetop on for a long period of time can greatly increase the risk of a house fire.
- Set kitchen timers…let’s face it…no one likes burnt Stuffing!
- Make sure to have the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade on BEFORE the Football starts to avoid any major conflict!
- Make your Pies & Desserts on Wednesday! It will alleviate stress on Thursday!
- Remember to go around the table and have your guests mention what they are Thankful for this year…
- If you need any further assistance we recommend calling the Butterball Turkey Talk-Line at 1.800.BUTTERBALL to speak with a Turkey specialist!
We at Remland Insurance wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving!