The Dog Days of Summer at Remland Insurance
Remland Insurance is running a Photo Contest in honor of National Dog Day on August 26th and we need your help to VOTE!!!Please visit the Remland Insurance Facebook Page today and “like” your favorite Pup in the Contest album! The winner will win a $25.00 gift card to a local spot in Old Towne Orange – and we are still accepting submissions until 5:00 pm today (8-23-13).
**Email submissions to [email protected]
As fun as animals can be, we thought is would be a great time to remind pet owners about the serious responsibility it is to keep a dog at your home. The United Stated Postal Service sends out a yearly mailer about how to properly restrain household pets so they do not cause danger to any resident, delivery man or postal worker who visits your home. The USPS along with Remland Insurance would like to remind you about the serious responsibility of being a responsible pet owner and being sure that your pet is properly restrained in your yard at all times.
Even if you have the “friendliest dog in the world”there is no reason to allow your dog to wonder around the front yard or in thehouse with the front door open without supervision. Mail carriers along withmeter readers , insurance adjusters and other inspectors areinstructed not to perform their services if a dog is spotted roaming in thefront yard of a home therefore wasting a lot of time and effort that should bespent accomplishing at ask.
Other major issues include your financialresponsibility in the event of a dog attack. You as the pet owner will be helpfinancially responsible for any medical bills, equipment and more. We highlyrecommend never leaving your dog outside unattended without being restrained bya fence or on a leash.
Here are the tips directly fromthe United States Postal Service:
- Never let a dog roam loose
- Do not take mail directly from your mail carrier’s hand in front of your dog, they may become protective if they feel you are being threatened
- If you need to sign for a package, place your dog in another room of the house before opening the front door to collect the package
- Be sure children are aware of the reasons why it’s important to keep animals restrained
- If you see a dog roaming in your neighborhood without its owner be sure to call animal control or the police to handle the situation, never take the dog into your home
**Please contact your California Insurance Agent if you or your family plan to purchase a new family dog to learn about the strict limitations some California home insurance carriers put on their customers.