Thanksgiving Tips – Gobble, Gobble, Gobble
Its Thanksgiving week and here at Remland Insurance we wanted to take a moment to share with you some great tips that will help you and your family to enjoy a stress free Turkey Day in 2013! Planning a meal, organizing the tablescape and picking up out of town guests at the airport is all part of the “fun” so enjoy it!
- Plan your menu. Don’t forget to account for the number of guests that will be eating. Better to have a little more than not enough.
- Make out your grocery list. The last thing you need is to be rushing out to the store at the last minute.
- Prepare your pie crust and bread dough in advance and freeze it. This will save you time and stress.
- Depending on the ages of the children that will be at your house, prepare fun activities to keep them occupied.
- Decorate early. Determine early on what fall/autumn decorating you want to do and in which rooms.
- Three Days before, depending on the weight of the turkey, move it from the freezer to the refrigerator to thaw. Consider that every 5 pounds of turkey will require 24 hours of thaw time.
- If you are having overnight guests, set up the guest room a few days before.
- Two days before, start preparing any dishes that can be made ahead of time.
- Turkey Day! Keep up with the dishes.
- Be sure your California home insurance premium is all paid up, Holiday’s tend to have more home accidents due to the amount of guests in attendance and the use of kitchen appliances – Call Remland Insurance if you have any questions (714) 532-3341
- Be Thankful and remember to enjoy your time with your loved one
Our staff here at Remland Insurance wish you a very Happy and Safe Thanksgiving in 2013!