Summer Pool Party Safety Tips
The insurance industry is a fun one…that’s right we said fun! And what is more fun than hosting a summer swim party with all of your closest friends? Summer weather, fresh fruit, BBQ’s and cold drinks make for a perfect afternoon, but what sounds like good ole’ fashioned fun can turn into a nightmare if the proper precautions are not taken while people are in the swimming pool.
Safety is often not taken seriously enough when it comes to backyard pools, and there is nothing worse than losing a child, friend or family member in a tragic accident right at your own home.Although your California home insurance liability coverage provides some coverage in the event of an incident involving your backyard pool, it’s typically not enough to cover large medical bills or costs that could come with an accident.
Another option to help homeowners with pools would be to purchase California Umbrella Insurance that could add upwards of a million dollars of additional insurance protection in case of an emergency or accident. Our staff here at Remland Insurance would be happy to assist you in the decision to add that type of coverage to your existing policies if you feel it’s needed.
Summer Pool Safety Tips:
- Never allow children to play in the pool without your supervision
- Install a safety fence around the entire pool to ensure children and pets cannot fallin
- Have the proper rescue equipment on-site
- Get trained in CPR at a local hospital or Community Center
- Explain pool safety to each new child who comes over to swim with your children
- Swim with your children, it’s the safest way!
- Install alarms on all house doors that lead to the backyard
- Have your children/family create a “Pool Safety Chart”
- Post a CPR poster around the yard, visible to the pool deck
For more information on a California Umbrella Policy or to speak with one of our educated staff here at Remland Insurance, please call 714) 532-3341 or visit our Virtual insurance Office at www.RemlandInsurance.com! Happy Swimming!