Suffering From Workplace Fatigue?
Did you know that employers pay $136.4 billion dollars per year in health-related lost work time? That number is staggering and it’s mostly due to the lack of taking care of personal needs and demands of one’s body. Workers who experience fatigue and illness are less productive and more likely to have accidents. It’s important to monitor your employees and make sure each one is visibly awake, healthy and competent enough to do their job each day in order to prevent unnecessary accidents and workers compensation claims.
According to EMC Insurance, the Top 5 causes of workplace fatigue include:
- Inadequate Sleep
- Repetitive Work
- Poor Lighting
- Skipping Meals
Workers compensation claims are astronomical these days and office Administration has the ability to help control workplace fatigue by taking a few simple precautions with their employees. The time and finances invested could save literally millions of dollars and in return create a better workplace environment.
- Encourage employees the importance of sleep patterns and health risks associated
- Provide healthy snacks, and activities for the whole staff
- Make it a competition – a healthy one of course!
- Have adequate amounts of water available at all times for employees
- Provide appropriate breaks
- Educate managers to look for signs of fatigue and illness and properly deal with each employee on an individual basis
- Improve systems that help balance work load and staffing positions
If you are a business owner, or currently manage a business…it’s important to have your California business and workers compensation insurance reviewed annually. Risks and limits can be properly evaluated properly if your coverage is reviewed annually, so please be sure to give Remland Insurance a call today at 714) 532-3341 and one of our qualified agents will help to ensure you are covered to the fullest extent.