Stay Healthy this Spring
In America each “flu season” it is estimated that somewhere between 5%-20% of the population get the flu and around 200,000 people are hospitalized due to severe symptoms. As many of you have already guessed…the 2015 flu season is in full swing and here at Remland Insurance we have compiled a list to help you and your loved ones prevent catching it this winter.
If you fall into one of the following categories, you are at very high risk for contracting this year’s strain of influenza: young children,pregnant women, elderly people and those with a pre-existing medical illness.The very best way to prevent from catching the flu is to get your yearly flu shot, but if that is not an option for you and your family, you may consider the following tips helpful.
- Wash your hands often with warm water and an anti-bacterial soap
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth toavoid germs ability to spread
- Avoid close contact with anyone you know is sick
- Wipe down door handles and computer equipmentthat may have collected germs
- Drink extra water
- Wipe down your cell phone
- Take extra doses of vitamins and minerals
- Get plenty of rest
- Try some natural remedies like local honey or herbs and spices
- Eat good quality food to nourish your body
- If someone in your household comes down with theflu, be sure to wipe all surfaces down with antibacterial spray and wash anyitem that they may have been in contact with
- Visit the Center of Disease Control website forup-to-date information regarding the 2015 flu season
We wish you a very happy and healthy spring!