Spring Cleaning Tips For The Whole Family
Spring time is upon us here in beautiful Southern California…it’s a time to open up those windows and doors and let the fresh air flow through your home. It’s also a perfect t time to clean those “hard to reach” spots of your home and donate any unnecessary items. Spring cleaning can be simple if you follow these basic guidelines…and be sure to ask for help! Make it a family affair and celebrate together when the entire house is clean.
- Clean Windows – Inside and Out
- Dust Lighting Fixtures & Bulbs
- Wash Your Curtains & Window Blinds – Be sure to follow any fabric washing instructions
- Clean Kitchen Pantry – Give all donations to a local food bank
- Scower Those Baseboards – We recommend doing a few rooms at a time
- Clean Out The Refrigerator – Use a cooler to preserve all food, and wipe all surfaces down
- Stock Up On Cleaning Supplies – We highly recommend making your own, or purchasing safe “green” style cleaners to protect your family
- Deep Clean Your Carpets – Hire a professional or rent a carpet cleaner at a local shop
- Clean Out Those Closets – This is a great time to donate un-worn clothes to a local charity
- Replace Batteries – Change out batteries in smoke detectors and alarm systems
Happy Spring! We hope you enjoy one of the most beautiful seasons Southern California has and be sure to do some much needed maintenance on the outside of your home to protect it from California home insurance claims this summer when the heat and winds pick up in Southern California!
Visit the Remland Insurance Virtual Insurance office online today!
If Spring Cleaning is not your thing, visit the “Spring has Sprung, Happy Easter” board on our Pinterest page!