Your Small Business End-of-Year Checklist
It’s the end of the year, and your business needs some last-minute maintenance to get you ready for next year.
As the end of the year approaches, the busiest time for all businesses is nigh. Holiday travel plans and family coming into town keep us busy from the end of November to the start of January. But you, as a small business owner, have even more to handle during this time of the year. This is the time your business needs your attention most. Doing so allows you to close out the current year on a good note and sets you for the next year. Here are some things you need to do for your small business before the year’s end.
- Analyze Cash Flow Statements – It’s the best way to know how your money was spent throughout the year.
- Verify Vendor Information – Verify that your vendors have not changed their information like address, phone number, and email.
- Double-Check Payroll and Benefits – It’s best to stay on top of any issues before the end of the year. You can catch taxable benefits early, and deal with it before tax season.
Information Technology (IT)
- Back Up Your Data
- Back Up Your Contacts
General Business Stuff
- Inventory Count – Make sure that your records match what you physically have in stock.
- Review Goals; Make New Ones – Did you achieve your goals this year? If not, why? Making new goals helps you grow as a company and keep your moving forward.
- Update Website – Your website is what most people will see of you, and it’s important to make a good first impression.
Our staff at Remland Insurance is very experienced in all matters regarding business insurance and would be happy to answer any further questions you may have! We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to quote your California insurance coverage in 2016! Contact us today.