September is National Baby Safety Month – Get Your Child’s Car Seat Inspected!
September is National Baby Safety Month, and here at Remland Insurance it is very important for us to share with you some of the best safety tips for keeping your children protected in the car! After all, children are one of the greatest gifts families are ever given, and we would venture to say you would be willing to risk your own life to protect the life of your precious child.
While operating a vehicle here in California there are particular rules and regulations that every driver must follow, however there are also some extra special steps you can take to ensure that your child is protected to the best of your ability.
- Be sure the car seat/infant seat your child is using is less then 6years old and still within the expiration date
- Re-read the manufacturer instructions when you purchase a new seat to be sure of how to properly secure the seat
- Occasionally check the manufacturers website to be sure any equipment you own has not been recalled due to safety issues
- Visit a Car Seat Inspection Station near you (sponsored by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration – NHTSA)
- If you are in an accident of any kind, replace all car seats and booster seats for your children
This month, do an inspection of your child’s stroller, play yard, crib, toys and high chair. Pieces missing, or broken off could be a potential risk or danger to your child. Adult supervision is always the best way for a child to play, but we do understand there are only so many pairs of eyes and hands for each child at home.
Pass this information along to your friends and family, and be sure to take advantage of Child Passenger Safety Week/National Seat Check Saturday this September 16-22, 2012 by finding the nearest inspection location.