Preparing to Purchase a Home in California
Buying a home is a huge decision! There is so much to think about from the size to the neighborhood to the yard and even the age of the construction. There are so many factors that go into the process it’s truly surprising just how many people choose to purchase houses in the first place. Many Americans purchase a home that ends up not being affordable for them in the long run and that’s when a financial crisis can hit a family hard.
Since a home is typically a families largest financial decision it’s best to take your time, and find key people who can guide you along the path to purchasing what is very best for your situation and lifestyle. Our staff at Remland Insurance is happy to help you with any California home insurance needs you may have and also encourage you to follow these guidelines:
- Figure out what type of home suits your family best – Size, Neighborhood, Condo, Townhouse, Single Family Home, HOA, fixer-upper or new construction…lots to think about but all so very important!
- What features are a must – Size of the bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen, appliances, home layout, garage size, yard size and condition are all large factors when determining if a home is right for you!
- How much mortgage do you qualify for? – We recommend contacting our friends at Golden Empire Mortgage to see what type/amount of loan you are qualified for before you start the house hunt. This will help take a lot of guess work out of the decision process – be sure to ask for Howard Platte, he will take great care of you (714) 572-0727
- Find a trustworthy Real Estate Agent – who is willing to discuss the process with you, share their resources and also take the time to show you as many properties as it may take to find the “perfect house!” Our friends at Ricci Realty in Old Towne Orange service most of Southern California and are fantastic at all they do! Ask for “Old Towne Al” )714) 633-3600
- Start the process – Although it may take a few months to get a lot of the preliminary details worked out, it will be worth it in the long run!
Stay tuned for part two coming up next which will feature the final stages and closing procedures! Our agents at Remland Insurance have many years of experience and have the option of writing coverage with over 25 local insurance carriers allowing for different price points and amount of coverage. Give us a call today at (714)532-3341