Painting? Decorating? Plan it well and make sure to have our California Home Insurance!
Painting can be a surefire way to give a home a new lease of life. Whether you’re looking to add a feature wall, rejuvenate interiors, or complete a major project, you’ll need to plan wisely to ensure your project runs as smoothly as possible. Make a checklist of everything from color charts to a check of your California home insurance:
1. Look to home magazines for inspiration. Peruse color charts. Consider purchasing sample jars to see how a chosen color might look on a small section of wall.
2. When purchasing paint, check with the seller that you have the correct type and amount of paint for your project. Paints come in a number of different finishes that affect both the look and durability.
3. Make sure you have all the added extras: paint brushes and rollers, clothes, paint tray, ladder, and sheets.
4. Start painting. Ventilate the house well and allow plenty of time for one coat to dry before applying the next.
5. Stand back and admire your handy work.
Once you’re complete, it may feel like you have an entire new home, and you may even find it has added value or appeal to your property. In the event that changes you make would add to the cost of rebuilding your home after a disaster, check with your agent to see that you have adequate California home insurance in place!