Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Orange Senior Center…Improving Lives in the City of Orange

Orange Senior Center…Improving Lives in the City of Orange

Image Credit: Senior Center "Black & White Party"

Image Credit: Senior Center “Black & White Party”

A while back, Remland Insurance owner Gary Remland had the opportunity to visit the Orange Senior Center in the City of Orange. Each week, the Orange Senior Center serves hundreds of local senior citizens meals, provides community relationships, organizes entertainment and helps coordinate medical care. It’s presence in the community has truly changed lives and given seniors a safe and happy place to visit each day.

Over 350 “customers” spend time at the Orange Senior Center on weekdays, meeting with their close friends, loved ones or even bringing along a member of their family. Four years ago, the “Meals on Wheels” program was introduced to the Senior Center, and today they prepare and deliver three meals a day to 70 Orange residents that are not able to leave their homes. Meals are packaged early in the morning, and volunteers from the Orange North Rotary Club take turns delivering each week.

Founded in 1974 by Judy Reynolds, the Senior Center is currently funded 60% by the City of Orange, and the other 40% is raised by community members and Executive Director, Tom Maldonado. Tom pours his heart and soul into making a difference in each person’s life who enters the building. He knows them by name, spends time greeting them each day and works hard to secure funding for all of the activities going on at the Senior Center monthly.

The Orange Senior Center is in need of volunteers, and able bodies that can help with heavy lifting and re-organization. The staff currently consists of 5 full-time and 5 part-time staff. Each day they have so much to manage, that projects get pushed back on the priority list so that they focus their time serving the seniors. If you are interested in scheduling a time to volunteer at the Orange Senior Center, or if you are able to donate and services your company may offer, please contact their Director of Operations Gretchen Snyder at 714) 538-9633 or email [email protected].


The COVID 19 virus has certainly changed our lives for the short term both at home and at work. Our office is working in compliance with state and local officials and their request to minimize contact with others for the short term so that we can shorten the life of this virus.
As such, our offices will be available by phone or by e mail 8-5 Monday thru Friday. If you need to make an appointment to come by, please call us before you drop by, so we can reduce risk, and take care of our staff and just be safe.
Please don’t hesitate to call us and if for some reason you can’t reach us, please look at our website for carrier contact information. Thank You for your continued business.

Contact us Call Us