October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month – Do You Get The Proper Yearly Check-ups?
The month of October is dedicated to celebrating Breast Cancer victims and their fight to find a cure. Billions of dollars each year go to research this cruel disease that takes the lives of millions of people each year in the world. While our staff here at Remland Insurance is in full support of the fight to end breast cancer, we also know that women need to be taking better care of themselves and schedule yearly check-ups to maintain the proper health.
The following are 10 recommended tests that every woman should have:
- Audiogram – hearing test performed by a licensed audiologist
- Bone-Mineral Density Test – have a x-ray to determine bone mass and structure
- Breast Exam – Depending on doctors recommendation, this exam should take place regularly
- Colonoscopy – This test takes place regularly once a woman hits 50 years old, can prevent colon cancer and should be performed regularly to prevent illness
- Eye Exam – Your eye doctor should be checking for diseases like glaucoma yearly or bi-annually
- Dental Screening – Every 6 months, men & women should get the proper dental screening and cleaning
- Heart Exam – This will ensure the risk for heart disease and help patients maintain a low-stress level if they take good care of themselves
- Cholesterol Text – This is a blood test measuring LDL and HDL counts to help prevent hypertension
- Skin Exam – Any skin abnormalities should be examined by a professional yearly to be sure no changes occur
- Pap Smear – Women should get these exams yearly to help detect cervical cancer or any other abnormalities
- Diabetes Testing – Have your blood checked yearly to be sure all sugar levels are on target
This month, make time to take care of your health. After all, if you do not have your health, you don’t have much of a life here in this world. It’s worth making those extra appointments and getting a thorough check up yearly. Have a wonderful October, and be sure to celebrate the Breast Cancer survivors in your life! Team Pink!
If you love local events, and want to join in the fundraising, check out the Paris in a Cup – “Evening in Paris” fundraiser going on October 19th!