Last day of Summer Energy Saving Tips!
It’s the LAST DAY of Summer in California and the most beautiful time of the year is slowly coming to a close. Summer is a fantastic season but it is also known for the highest energy use throughout the state! Many Californians’ overuse their power supplies and spend lots of unnecessary money on energy use, when they could be saving money for a Fall or Winter vacation.
In the Summer 2014 guide to “Summer Energy Saving” Southern California Edison offers some great savings tips for Orange County residents who would like to save on their electricity use during the hot months of the year while earning rebates at the same time! What could be better than earning credit back to your energy bill and helping to make the planet more “green” at the same time?
Southern California Edison recommends the following:
- Summer “Un-power Hours” are noon until 6:00pm daily
- When leaving the house, set temperature to 78 degrees
- Use washer/dryer during non-peak hours
- Make sure electronic items are unplugged or turned to the “off” position when not in use
- Clean or replace you’re A/C filter to help it run most effectively
- Use portable or ceiling fans to cool specific areasin your home
- Open windows all around the house to get a nice cross breeze
All these tips and more are available at www.sce.com/Saveor in your monthly Southern California Edison energy bill including how to getup to $600 in rebates annually.