How To File A California Auto Insurance Claim
When an accident or vehicle claim happens, you do not have time to waste calling a bunch of phone numbers to get answers. Vehicle owners often do not know the proper way to file a claim or accident report with their insurance carrier, so we thought it would be a great day to share some tips with you! An accident is already inconvenient enough…so taking the proper steps to start the repair process should be easy! Your California auto insurance agent and carrier have systems in place to make each incident report as painless as possible. After all…it’s their job!
If an auto accident claim or loss happens, use the following steps to get the best results:
- Contact the local Police Department in the city the accident/loss occurred and be sure a police report if filed
- Collect any other parties involved information and take photos if at all possible. Information collected should be: Year, Make, Model, License Plate #, Name, Phone #, Drivers License #, Address, Insurance Information and Carrier
- Obtain a witness to the accident and their information
- Write down any recall of how the accident occurred
- Do not admit fault, the police report will determine which party was at fault
- Call your California Auto Insurance agent as soon as possible – Remland Insurance Services (714)532-3341
- Information needed to file a claim: Policy #, Time & Date of Accident, Police Report # (if applicable) , Accident Description, Current location of vehicle (body shop, home), Contact information of witness, Any additional information about other parties involved, Injury Reports, Any damages to properties
If you have any further information regarding a California auto insurance claim, please contact Remland Insurance today and our staff would be happy to walk you through the process over the phone!