Have a Safe Turkey Day!
Thanksgiving is a joyous time, filled with laughter and family bonding! However, Thanksgiving day is also one of the most dangerous times of the year. Safety is a vital part of having a good holiday! No one wants to spend the day being stuck in the emergency room. Here are some quick and easy ways to be prepared this holiday and prevent any disasters.
- Stay in the kitchen when you are cooking, especially if you are frying, grilling, or broiling food. If you have to leave the kitchen for any reason, find someone to replace you, or turn off the stove.
- Check food regularly and remain in the home when cooking. This seems like common sense, but many people leave the home when they are cooking something that takes a long time, like turkey. Staying at home enables you to make sure everything is cooking right, and allows you to prevent any disasters.
- Do not wear loose clothing or dangling sleeves when you are cooking. It will prevent you from getting caught on something or lighting your sleeve on fire.
- Keep kids away from the cooking area by creating a kid-free zone in the kitchen. It will prevent them from getting underfoot and causing mayhem, as well as protect them from burning themselves on hot foods or liquids.
- Install a smoke alarm near your kitchen to alert you if there is a fire. If you already have a smoke alarm near the kitchen, make sure it works by testing it and replacing the batteries if necessary.
- If you are using a turkey fryer to cook your turkey this Thanksgiving, do it outdoors in an open area and follow the manufacturer’s instructions to insure safe use.
Contact Remland Insurance Service for all of your Orange County insurance needs. Remland Insurance wishes you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving! Make sure you have the coverage you need for the holiday season. Get a policy, today!