Gobble, Gobble, Gobble…it’s almost Turkey Time!
Thanksgiving is approaching quickly…and its time to Talk Turkey. Your California home insurance policy is crucial during the holidays due to the amount of people visiting your home, cooking large quantities of food, and of course the dreaded deep fried turkey disasters you see on the news each holiday season. To avoid any major disaster this Thanksgiving…we wanted to share with you some helpful yet funny tips to avoid disasters this Thursday!
- NEVER fry your Thanksgiving Turkey indoors…NEVER EVER! Even if it’s snowing/hailing/raining or windy outside, do not consider indoors as an option! At times Turley fryers have been known to overflow and spill oil everywhere or catch fire completely!
- If baking the Turkey (like 85% of Americans) cover with foil to avoid drying out and excess browning.
- Make sure all your smoke alarms are working, especially in the kitchen area of your home, and while you’re at it, make sure your California Home Insurance is up to date!
- Wear appropriate clothes to cook in…loose and baggy clothing had a better chance of catching on a heavy pot or even lighting on fire near your stove!
- Be sure to turn off ALL heat sources as soon as the meal is served. Leaving an oven or stovetop on for a long period of time can greatly increase the risk of a house fire.
- Set kitchen timers…let’s face it…no one likes burnt Stuffing!
- Make sure to have the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade on BEFORE the Football starts to avoid any major conflict!
- Make your Pies & Desserts on Wednesday! It will alleviate stress on Thursday!
- Remember to go around the table and have your guests mention what they are Thankful for this year…
- If you need any further assistance we recommend calling the Butterball Turkey Talk-Line at 1.800.BUTTERBALL to speak with a Turkey specialist!
Just a few of our favorite tips to get you geared up for this years Thanksgiving Feast at your home! Stay tuned to our blog for delicious holiday treats and recipes to come, as well as a way to “GIVE BACK” this holiday season by participating in the Remland Insurance 3rd annual “Mary’s Kitchen Donation Drive” going on December 1-18th here at Remland Insurance!
Donations can be delivered between December 1-18th during regular business hours to:
Remland Insurance – 636 E. Chapman Ave., Orange CA 92866