Fun Fall Traditions For The Whole Family To Enjoy!
Image Credit: akiheigardencuisine.blogspot.
Here in Southern California; we do not experience the “changing of seasons” like many of the other states in the US. Our weather is naturally beautiful all year around, and we actually panic if we experience a few days in a row of rain. Now that the Fall or Autumn season is finally upon us, and we cannot wait to say good-bye to the 90-100 degree heat we have been experiencing weekly in the past few months.
Fall brings about many celebrations, traditions and of course delicious food! Have you ever considered starting some fun Fall family traditions? It’s never too late to make memories with loved ones and try something new. Be sure to take lots of photos so you can compare them year to year to watch your children grow, or even add new members to the family.
The following are a few Fun Fall Traditions to start this season:
- Baking – Fall is a great time to bake tasty treats to share with family and friends. Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Muffins, Homemade Candy, Cookies, Apple Pie and more are all reminders of the delicious tastes and flavors of Fall. Perhaps you could host a Pumpkin Pie Cook-off where you work or even in your neighborhood which could become a fun yearly contest!
- Decorating – Fall is a time to celebrate Orange, Brown, Yellow and more! Stores are lined with tons of different Fall themed decorations, and it’s even simple to make your own. This year try making your very own homemade Scarecrow to place in the front yard, or even a mini-scarecrow with your children’s old clothing. Each year you can re-dress him and give him a new name!
- Visit Apple Country – Located about 1 hour away from the City of Orange is a charming little place called Oak Glen. There are tons of Apple Farms, Pumpkin Patches and Cider Mills for the whole family to enjoy. Apple picking is underway, so head on up there between now and November to make your very own Apple Juice.
- Attend Your Cities Fall Celebration – Here in the City of Orange we have a fantastic event called “Treats in the Streets” where thousands of children (and their parents) come in costume to the Old Towne Orange Plaza and trick-or-treat at each shop. Shop owners and their staff hand out candy and awards are given out for best costume! It truly is a memorable event and for the whole family!
- Host a Neighborhood Fall Festival – Set up fun games like: Pumpkin Pie Eating Contest, Bobbing for Apples, Fall Wreath Decorating and more! Invite the whole neighborhood and encourage parents to participate too! Adult’s still love a good Bobbing for Apples game!
We wish you the Happiest of Fall, and hope you and your family and friends will enjoy these simple, but meaningful activities! Have a wonderful week, and be sure to spend some time outside enjoying the beautiful weather and fresh smells of Fall