Football is Back! Try These Amazing Tailgating Meatballs
The lull of summer sports is finally gone with the return of football!
Breathe easy football fans, your favorite time of the year is finally upon us! Instead of going to your buddy’s house to watch the game with a bag of chips–or even worse, empty-handed–bring along some delicious meatballs that are incredibly easy to make and will water the mouth of any person that sets their eyes on these babies. Whether you root for the Rams, Seahawks, Steelers, Cowboys, or Patriots, these meatballs are sure to bring anyone from any team together.
Prep time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup instant oatmeal
- 3/4 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, eggs, oatmeal, onion, Cheddar cheese, ketchup, salt, and pepper using your hands. Form into tiny meatballs about 1 inch wide.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the meatballs, and cook, turning frequently, until browned, about 10 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the meatballs to a baking dish. Cover with barbeque sauce.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until sauce is thick and meatballs are cooked through. Serve hot.
This NFL season, be sure to go for Two and score extra with these delicious meatballs. Our staff at Remland Insurance is very experienced in all matters regarding insurance and would be happy to answer any further questions you may have regarding your coverage. We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to quote your California insurance coverage in 2016!