Flu Season and Health Insurance
In America each “flu season” it is estimated that somewhere between 5%-20% of the population get the flu and around 200,000 people are hospitalized due to severe symptoms. As many of you have already guessed…the 2014 flu season is in full swing and here at Remland Insurance we have compiled a list to help you and your loved ones prevent catching it this winter.
If you fall into one of the following categories, you are at very high risk for contracting this year’s strain of influenza: young children, pregnant women, elderly people and those with a pre-existing medical illness. The very best way to prevent from catching the flu is to get your yearly flu shot, but if that is not an option for you and your family, you may consider the following tips helpful.
- Wash your hands often with warm water and an anti-bacterial soap
- Use doTERRA Essential Oils to help cute symptoms naturally
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth to avoid germs ability to spread
- Avoid close contact with anyone you know is sick
- Wipe down door handles and computer equipment that may have collected germs
- Drink extra water
- Take extra doses of vitamins and minerals
- Get plenty of rest
- Try some natural remedies
- Eat good quality food to nourish your body
- If someone in your household comes down with the flu, be sure to wipe all surfaces down with antibacterial spray and wash any item that they may have been in contact with
- Visit the Center of Disease Control website for up-to-date information regarding the 2013 flu season
- Use your California health insurance policy when the time is needed and be sure to visit a doctor when symptoms become unmanageable
For more California insurance tips, please visit the Remland Insurance Virtual Insurance Office today!