Five Labor Day Road Trip Tips
If Labor Day weekend has you road trippin’ with your family, there are many things to consider before hitting the road with all that precious cargo! It’s important to be prepared and organized on any road trip so that your family can enjoy the vacation and get maximum amount of fun out of each stop along the way!
Family road trips are a great and cost effective way for a large (or small) family to see tons of great sites. The following are some great tips we adapted from Parents Magazine on how to best prepare for your upcoming weekend “roadie.”
- Get a good night’s sleep – The night before you set out on your trip, you should get a good night of sleep. You need to be in prime condition to operate the vehicle and keep everyone safe. It also helps to stay at hotels where you will get a great night sleep so each day you are refreshed.
- Be sun smart – Make sure each family member has sunglasses for the trip and is wearing sunscreen. The sun’s UV rays are able to penetrate the windows of your vehicle, so its better to be safe than sorry!
- Get your car “tuned up” – In the few days before leaving for your road trip, it is a great idea to make sure your vehicle is in working order. Pay your auto registration and of course be sure your California auto insurance premium is paid and up to date with coverage.
- Pack a safety bag – We recommend assembling an emergency kit for the vehicle that includes: water, blankets, a flashlight, flares, jumper cables, first air equipment and a cell phone charger. If you run into any issues along the way, these items will help you and your family deal with the situation.
- Pack light – The lighter you and your family pack, the better gas mileage and car performance you can expect. Leave unnecessary items at home and collect goodies along the way for the children to play with or eat.
We at Remland Insurance hope you enjoy your Labor Day road trip, or any future road trip! If you follow these tips, you are guaranteed to have a wonderful time and make great memories! For any questions regarding your California auto insurance, give our office a call today at 714) 532-3341