A Disconnected Washer Can Leak 600 Gallons Per Hour
Did you know that over half of all washing machine disasters happen due to a faulty water hose? If your washer hose is old, or becomes disconnected it can spill up to 600 gallons of water in just one hour! A water damage claim on your California home insurance is not only costly to your annual premium, but it also causes a chance for your current carrier to drop your coverage come time of renewal. Taking the extra 10 minutes every few months to examine the washer/dryer hook ups in your house is very important!
You can reduce the risk of water damage through proper installation and care of your machines by:
- Installing a high-quality washer hose
- Checking the connection on a monthly basis
- Turning off the water valves when your washer isnot in use
- Only running the washing machine while you arehome
- Allowing at least 4 inches between the back ofthe washer and the washer connection
This Spring,make it a priority to check the connection of your washer and dryer. This little effort could save you thousands of dollars on your California home insurance and the headache of home repairs. We wish you a very happy month of April! Please give Remland Insurance a call today at 714)532-3341 with any questions regarding your current insurance coverage or to add a new policy to your plan.