Cover Your Losses with Business Interruption Insurance
If a disaster strikes your small business, how will it remain afloat while it keeps losing revenue? Business interruption insurance in Orange can help.
Your property insurance covers the damage that was brought on by a covered damage, and that’s a good thing: You’re not paying those premiums for nothing. This coverage can help you pay for the cost of replacing or rebuilding your business. But cleaning and construction will take a while, and that means your business will have to close–at least temporarily–and that means your business will lose revenue. How will your business survive? You can count on business interruption insurance in Orange to come to the rescue.
Coverage That Helps Your Business
After your business is shut down due to a covered event like a fire, windstorm, or tree, you are going to lose revenue. To add to the already lost revenue, you will still be expected to pay rent and utilities, which can dig you into a deeper hole. Fortunately, having business interruption insurance can help reimburse you and keep your business afloat during this hard time. Business interruption insurance will typically cover:
- Fixed expenses like rent and utility costs.
- Expenses of operating from a temporary location.
- Revenue that is lost during the closure.
How to Acquire Business Interruption Insurance
You cannot simply purchase business interruption insurance. You can, however, add it as a rider to your existing business insurance policy.
- BOP (Business Owners Policy) – This policy includes coverage for property, liability, and business interruption insurance.
- CPP (Commercial Package Policy) – A customizable policy for business owners that can include business interruption insurance.
- Commercial Property Insurance – You can add endorsement policies which include business interruption insurance.
Our staff at Remland Insurance is experienced in all matters regarding business insurance and would be happy to answer any further questions you may have! We would greatly appreciate the opportunity to quote your California insurance coverage in 2016! Contact us today.