Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility

Carbon Monoxide Facts & Tips For Homeowners

Carbon Monoxide Facts & Tips For Homeowners

Carbon Monoxide Facts & Tips For HomeownersProtection Against The Silent Killer

Carbon monoxide, more commonly known as the silent killer, should always be top of mind for homeowners. There are specific precautions that must be followed in order to safeguard your home from the threats carbon monoxide yields. Rather than leaving your home and family vulnerable to the harm of the silent killer, keep these carbon monoxide facts and tips in mind:

  • Carbon monoxide is odorless, tasteless, and invisible, so you cannot rely on your senses to get you out of this one. With over 15,000 people visiting the emergency room with carbon monoxide poisoning annually, it is important that each home is equipped with carbon monoxide alarms.
  • Speaking of carbon monoxide alarms, no homeowner should go without these life saving devices. Despite popular belief, having a smoke alarm does not give you a pass for carbon monoxide detectors. These devices should be placed on each level of your home near sleeping areas, and away from sources of carbon monoxide. The batteries of these detectors need to be replaced twice a year, so make a conscious effort to do so each time you switch the clocks for daylight saving time.
  • You must be aware of the signs of carbon monoxide poisoning because unfortunately, they mimic many symptoms associated with simple illnesses. If someone is experiencing nausea, dizziness, fatigue, headaches, and shortness of breath, carbon monoxide may be the culprit. However, when these symptoms turn into confusion, vomiting, or unconsciousness, it is important to seek medical help immediately. Whenever you suspect carbon monoxide poisoning, leave your home until the coast is clear.

Contact Remland Insurance in the City of Orange for all of your California home insurance needs. Allow us to provide your home with protection against the most threatening perils, including carbon monoxide.


The COVID 19 virus has certainly changed our lives for the short term both at home and at work. Our office is working in compliance with state and local officials and their request to minimize contact with others for the short term so that we can shorten the life of this virus.
As such, our offices will be available by phone or by e mail 8-5 Monday thru Friday. If you need to make an appointment to come by, please call us before you drop by, so we can reduce risk, and take care of our staff and just be safe.
Please don’t hesitate to call us and if for some reason you can’t reach us, please look at our website for carrier contact information. Thank You for your continued business.

Contact us Call Us