Auto Theft Prevention Tips
In today’s society, car owners cannot be too careful when it comes to protecting their vehicles from auto-theft. Thousands of vehicles are stolen right out of people’s driveways each night across America and the thief’s have become so skilled at certain vehicles that they vanish without a trace.
The following are some great safety tips that will help prevent your vehicle from being stolen or even broken into. If a car thief sees that these precautions have been taken, they most likely will abandon the vehicle and move onto the next car. Your California auto insurance should contain full coverage of your vehicle is lost or stolen, but be sure to check with your California insurance agent to gain a full understanding of your current coverage.
Safety Tip Suggestions:
- Lock your vehicle, even in the driveway of your home
- Park with the vehicles wheels turned sharply right or left
- Pull the emergency brake up to prevent the vehicle from being towed
- Hide valuables (iPod’s, phones, navigation systems)
- Activate anti-theft system (alarm)
- Use garage whenever possible
- Park in well-lit areas (near light posts)
Use common sense when parking your vehicle in an un-safe looking neighborhood. When thieves are desperate, they will notice that you are out-of-place and consider your vehicle a target. Be cautious and use these safety tips regularly when you park your vehicle. Give Remland Insurance a call today if you have any further questions about your California auto insurance coverage at 714) 532-3341