88,000 Motorcycle Accidents Annually in the USA – Motorcycle Insurance is a Must!
While looking over recent statistics about motorcycle safety on roads across America we came across some startling numbers. Motorcyclists are 35 times more likely to experience a deadly accident on the road than those driving in a vehicle. In the year 2008 more than 88,000 motorcyclists were injured in a traffic accident and of those 88,000 drivers close to 5,000 were killed.
Riding a motorcycle is not only considered to be more dangerous than driving a vehicle, it can also create unwanted stress in the lives of riders and other drivers on the road. If you drive a motorcycle or enjoy the freedom of the open road without the protection of a vehicle around you, then be sure to follow these safety tips while operation your cycle.
- Have the proper California motorcycle insurance coverage
- Avoid any blind spots (yours and other vehicles)
- Use your mirrors AND turn your head to look(caution is always best)
- Study the surface where you are driving (lookfor pot holes or broken asphalt)
- Always be ready to escape danger by having morethan 1-way-out (always!)
- Wear the proper gear (helmet & leatherincluded)
- Ride in open zones where possible
Over 80,000 motorcyclists each year in the United States are injured in accidents, and over 5,000 of those accidents end in death. Be sure to drive cautiously and safely among traffic while on the road. Often time’s cars cannot see a motorcycle coming up behind them and that’s when accidents can occur. They may be cheaper to operate and “fun” to ride, but if money is the issue, we highly recommend taking the bus or some other form of transportation so you are not the next victim in the statistic!
If you have any further questions regarding your California motorcycle insurance, please call Remland Insurance today at 714) 532-3341 and one of our agents would be happy to help assist you!