4th of July Safety Tips
Stay safe with these tips while you engage in fun activities this 4th of July.
It’s that time of the year again: a time in which we celebrate our American independence. We Americans love our freedom, our fireworks, and we love the time in which those two amazing things come together into the perfect holiday: Independence Day. We want you to have a fun and exciting holiday, while also staying safe. Whether the weekend will involve grilling, fireworks, or even a trip to the beach, it’s important to stay safe so you can fully enjoy the day. Here are a few 4th of July safety tips that could keep you safe from the dangers most people face during this holiday.
- Use tools specially made for cooking on the grill to keep you (the master chef) safe.
- Keep children and pets away from the grill.
- Always supervise a barbecue grill when in use.
- Never grill indoors! And stay away from trees and other shrubbery.
- Never add charcoal starter fluid when coals have already been ignited.
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Never give fireworks to small children.
- Make sure the person lighting fireworks always wears eye protection.
- Never attempt to relight “a dud.”
- Store fireworks in a cool, dry environment.
- Never throw or point fireworks towards people, animals, vehicles, structures or flammable materials.
- Keep a supply of water close by as a precaution.
- Keep alert for the local weather prediction.
- Swim sober and always swim with a buddy.
- Have inexperienced swimmers wear a Coast Guard-approved life jacket.
- Walk carefully into open waters.
- Keep an eye out on children and adults while at the beach. Waves can cause someone to lose their footing, even in shallow water.
- Watch out for aquatic life. It may be poisonous so it’s best to leave all you can alone.
The 4th of July is a time in which we celebrate our freedom with loved ones, it shouldn’t be spent in the ER. (Though if you are a doctor or a nurse, we thank you for all you do!) For all of your health insurance needs to keep you feeling at your best, contact Remland Insurance in the City of Orange, California.