Enjoy this Tasty Recipe in Honor of Cinco de Mayo
Enjoy this tasty Cinco de Mayo Recipe.
Cinco de Mayo marks the anniversary of the Battle of Puebla where Mexico defeated the French army in 1862. In the United States, Cinco de Mayo is popularly celebrated by enjoying food inspired by the regional flavors of Mexico. Looking for a little inspiration this year? Then try whipping up this tasty Cinco de Mayo recipe for all your loved ones to enjoy.
Sort-Of Chilaquiles (Baked Breakfast Nachos)
- 2 jars salsa Verde (11 oz. each)
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1 bag shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 bag Tortilla chips
- 1 tbsp. tbsp oil
- 4 eggs
- Torn cilantro
- sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Mix 1 jar salsa and the chicken broth in a saucepan, bringing it to a boil over medium-high heat. Let it cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring continuously. Remove the saucepan from heat and add the cheese, stirring until melted (it won’t combine into a smooth sauce; that’s fine).
- Place the tortilla chips in an oven-safe dish and pour the sauce on top. Sprinkle on a handful of cheese, then place in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Once you’re halfway through cooking, heat the oil in a saute pan and cook the eggs, two at a time, until the whites have set but the yolk is still runny. Slide the eggs onto the cooked tortilla mixture. Crack open the second salsa jar and spoon on a little extra salsa and torn cilantro. Spoon on sour cream, if desired.
Try out this fun and tasty Cinco de Mayo recipe this year! Are you looking for assistance with your insurance this May? Then don’t hesitate to turn to the experts at Remland Insurance in Orange, California. Our dedicated team is ready to get you the coverage that you need. Contact us to get started today.